Friday, December 19, 2014

Surrounded by snow peaks 2 - Nepal

The morning of 30th November me and Francois left Seybrubesi to go up to Langtang. We had a map and a guidebook about Langtang trekking, our backpacks and some trekking poles we got from the first guest house we met (actually one baton and 2 bamboo sticks) and we started walking up parallel to the river.

In reality you dont need any guides or even a map here. The path is totally clear with many places to eat or sleep on the way up. Water runs free everywhere from the high mountains but if you are afraid to drink it you have to pay the bottles 12 times more expensive than in the city... Generally expect to pay a lot for food up in the mountains.

We did the trek up to Kyanjing Gomba (3800m) in 2 days in a very good pace while the guidebook was proposing 3 days and we found a nice guesthouse with superviews on the mountains from our beds. The host was a nice tibetan lady with 3 adorable daughters. I just can recall the name of the baby one... Pemba. We really enjoy their company. On our first night, two of the host's friends arrived and she was proposing us to marry them and live in Nepal. I was laughing a lot when the girls were teasing us before going to bed.

In the whole trekking we did one big mistake. We didn't rest after the two difficult first days and the third day we went to climb the Tserko Ri peak at 4984m. Even if you know that it's 1200m difference,  when you see the peak, you feel its very easy to do. But no, it is not easy.

After 4,5 hours of steep hiking (30 minutes walking in snow and ice, we arrived at the peak totally destroyed. Of course the altitude wasn't helping at all but the view was just out of this world.
I get a similar feeling whenever I go up to peaks. You dont feel you are in the same world. There is too much energy up there making it totally spiritual and magic.

Next to us was standing proud the Langtang Lirung at 7246m and all around us tens of peaks of 6000 to 7000m. I said to myself "Yianni ok, you went quite high this time, no need to go this high again in your life" while wondering how crazy they are the people who climb to peaks like Everest. The decrease of oxygen was quite obvious from the very beginning to the very end. Forty meters before the peak I wanted to make fun at Francois saying "I ll reach the top first, you f****r" but after 15m I couldnt breath anymore and had some hard time while laughing and saying "never try running at 5000m".
After 2, 5 hours going down we arrived at the Snow leopard guest house and I was asking myself if I ever felt so tired again. Even if i did, for sure it was long time ago..

I m not going to say more about the hike and tire you, I ll let the pictures below do the talking.

To finish up, we did the return from kyanjing gomba to seybrubesi  in one and half day and took our bikes until Trishuli where we spent our night. Before, we passed by Sushil's place but Sushil wasn't there. We had a chai with the family and they told us to go see Sushil 10 km after, in his school. So we did and he was very happy to see us.
Next morning we passed by Namraj and all the family was at the shop. We showed them some pictures from our trek and soon a ritual with music and dance started taking place outside the shop.

Before midday the 6th December, we arrived in Kathmandu and left our beloved bikes.

Mountains in parallel

Night view from Goretabola

Black monkey posing gor François

Looking for yak wool? Here it is

Moon rising on Tserko ri peak 


Keep forgetting the name of this impressive peak at ~6500m

Night view from kyanjing Gomba

Tibetans do this every morning and pray with Dalai Lama

The two tibetan daughters at "Snow leopard" guest house... adorable 

Flags, flags, flags and sun on the top of tserko ri..

François and Langtang Lirung


Paradise

Panoramic paradise

Langatang valley and Kyanjing Gomba

Can't have enough...

Namraj junior

More angels in Amare

Tamang sister and little daughter - I miss them












1 comment: