Looking for a name for this blog was a tricky thing to do. I needed something that could express the state of my mind in this last few years. I still believe that good days will come for everybody in this pesimistic period of human history. I see this little light in the tunnel, so I decided to focus on this...
Then I thought of one "mantinada" I love. "Mantinada" is a small poem of two fifteen-syllabus' lines that rime with each other. It is a little poem that Cretan people can come up easily to describe different chapters of life and usually they sing it in local tunes.
It goes like this...
The closest I could bring the above with my poor English is.
Then I thought of one "mantinada" I love. "Mantinada" is a small poem of two fifteen-syllabus' lines that rime with each other. It is a little poem that Cretan people can come up easily to describe different chapters of life and usually they sing it in local tunes.
It goes like this...
Ως είναι η σπίθα λαμπερή, στη χόβολη χωσμένη,
ετσα 'ναι κι η αγάπη μας, κρυφή μα μπιστεμένη...
The closest I could bring the above with my poor English is.
Just like a bright spark, burning in a sand stove,
that's how our love feels, hidden but sacred...
So I am borrowing this starting line to name this blog, underlying that this bright spark is there, we can see it, it keeps us warm and gives us hope .
No comments:
Post a Comment