Eight days left, before the 21 hours' travelling, to reach the diverse country. First stop would be Athens' airport. After a long wait there, a connection flight to Jordan awaits me and finally the flight to India's New Delhi.
Here I am, eight days before, literally running around in order to leave Greece in peace of mind. This morning I finished up with all the vaccines (well, two of the vaccines I need, are impossible to found in Greece) something that I didn't want to do in the first place but after all the whining of family and friends I accepted to do, just to make them worry less for me.
As always I left everything to the last minute so now I am a bit stressed to get some information before I go there. I had good reasons not to do it before... Camping in south Crete, two-weeks caving expedition and more activities in the nature. I have a never-ending list of things to do but I hope by the end of the week it will be empty and i will relax in my last days in Crete.
I have long dreamt of this day and finally it is happening. A trip with just yourself, in a totally different world and no return ticket. You need to do sacrifices to make something like this happen. Most people think that I have a wallet full of money but I know that I have less money than most of them and I am very happy about that. Of course I don't own a car, don't consume, don't smoke and don't drink much. All the previous, plus a weekly visit to the local fruit and vegetable market, can make your life happy and sustainable with very little money. One day I hope I ll grow all my food and wont need to buy anything. Let's see!
The trip will start from New Dheli where I hope to see in few days how some things work in India and buy some basic equipment I need for the trip like mosquito net, cooking utensils, knife, poncho, proper clothes and then I ll head to Himalayas hoping to spent a month there before the heavy cold arrives. I don't know what to expect up there but I have a feeling that i will be happy.
This blog started to keep my family and friends up to date and not worry to much. If you want to contact me during the travel, send me a mail (soultatosyiannis@gmail.com) and I ll get back to you when i find internet connection and time.
Namaste
Here I am, eight days before, literally running around in order to leave Greece in peace of mind. This morning I finished up with all the vaccines (well, two of the vaccines I need, are impossible to found in Greece) something that I didn't want to do in the first place but after all the whining of family and friends I accepted to do, just to make them worry less for me.
As always I left everything to the last minute so now I am a bit stressed to get some information before I go there. I had good reasons not to do it before... Camping in south Crete, two-weeks caving expedition and more activities in the nature. I have a never-ending list of things to do but I hope by the end of the week it will be empty and i will relax in my last days in Crete.
![]() |
| Art from the underworld (caving expedition 2014 - Plativolo cave) |
I have long dreamt of this day and finally it is happening. A trip with just yourself, in a totally different world and no return ticket. You need to do sacrifices to make something like this happen. Most people think that I have a wallet full of money but I know that I have less money than most of them and I am very happy about that. Of course I don't own a car, don't consume, don't smoke and don't drink much. All the previous, plus a weekly visit to the local fruit and vegetable market, can make your life happy and sustainable with very little money. One day I hope I ll grow all my food and wont need to buy anything. Let's see!
The trip will start from New Dheli where I hope to see in few days how some things work in India and buy some basic equipment I need for the trip like mosquito net, cooking utensils, knife, poncho, proper clothes and then I ll head to Himalayas hoping to spent a month there before the heavy cold arrives. I don't know what to expect up there but I have a feeling that i will be happy.
This blog started to keep my family and friends up to date and not worry to much. If you want to contact me during the travel, send me a mail (soultatosyiannis@gmail.com) and I ll get back to you when i find internet connection and time.
Namaste

Hey man, good for you!! Be happy and have a nice trip~
ReplyDeletewentao
Let's meet in Japan in April ? Or Norway in February ?
ReplyDeleteBen from Toulouse
Have a nice and adventurous journey!
ReplyDelete